Nov 10, 2007

The Great Exodus

"So, how did you come to be in Georgia?" you ask.


Ah, my child, that is quite a tale.


Nevertheless,I will share it.


You see, Cincinnati, Home of the Reds,


(yes, Zachary, I hear you cheering!)


was my former home.

I was happy and content, but apparently it came time to move on. Thus, the start of my story.

Loading up our belongings (fewer than before, due to a large yard sale that many of you may remember), in a full sized moving truck and our pick-up, pictured below.
"Was it sad?"

Well, yes.
But, as many of you are aware, I have this great little sense of adventure. This helped to pique my curiosity and I was very excited about the move.


There is a part that I would like to share. I had to say Good-bye to Michaela Shaub the evening before we left. She completely broke down and sobbed as her mother (poor thing) carried her to the car. That was . . .a moving experience. Sniffle.

But I digress. My dearest pet, Trixie Belden, accompanied our--let us say--tour of the countryside, and kept my father good company, as you can see below.



After an overnight stop at the home of my hospitable auntie (trust me, I don't call her that!), we continued on and arrived safely at our new home.

Following a restful night at the Watson's lovely residence, we tackled preparing our new house for all our stuff . . .ALL our stuff. Oh boy.


I must say that the job would have taken an age and an eon and way more energy than we had if we hadn't had the help of some very dear friends that we had met in Texas.

The group pictured are the family and friends of Bro. and Sis. Shields. Bro. Shields's great generosity is the reason that my room is
~PINK~



I would like to mention

that the gentleman on the left is recovering from a recent surgery for colon cancer. He is still very weak, and he and his family would very much appreciate your prayers.








8 comments:

  1. Man what a story. Im sure that most of the stuff sold at the yard sail was stuff that you had accumulated throughout the years and that most of the tears that were cried were tears of good riddance,hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brother . . .in-law's brother.
    do ya'll see what i have to put up with in this Velazquez family? Pitiful, really pitiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you finally admit that we are your bro. in-laws. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, that's exactly what I was thinking.
    Hey Margie, just found your blog, via your invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Marjie! I do remember the yard sale! sniff sniff It was soooo sad!
    Anyways call me sometime! There is a lot a could run my mouth about! lol jk well, got to run! ~*~*Kyla*~*~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! This is Katrin. And I left a comment( because I wanted to) and to let you know, you spelled Cincinnati wrong. And your backyard or view looks cool!! I would really like to visit you sometime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ~KC
    P.S. Go Bengals!!!!!!!!!!!!! And by the way I also remember the gymn sale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops, my bad--maybe I should spell it Cincy from now on!!! GO DAWGS!!! HEHE! couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete