Mar 22, 2008

HOW MANY FEMALES DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB???

I entered the room and flipped on the switch . . .
I flipped the switch . . .
And flipped the switch . . .

Nothing happened. grrrrrrrr.

Plan B. Extract retarded and extinguished bulb, replace with a more efficient one.

Simple, Right?

NOT. You see, changing the bulb wasn't so difficult, except for the part where you take off that nice little glass shade. After pleading unsuccessfully with the one man in the dorm to come to the rescue of several damsels in distress, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

After trying different random utensils to attempt prying it off, a friend joined me in teetering on the edge of the bunk. Without success we sent a "gopher" to find things like bobby pins, knives, etc. Finally our second gopher kindly brought me a screwdriver.

Count it up. Me, Friend, and 2 gophers--4 so far.

Now the bystanders watched us wrestle the shade off and then 2 helped get a different bulb.

I screwed it in, very aware of my dear pastor's wife/photographer in the room.

Total score__. You tell me! Here are some pictures.

Oh, forgive my appearance, I had just finished whipping an all boys team at a game of basketball with my all girls team--just thought I would mention that!!! Ha ha.





OH yeah!! me and Esther are starting a club. . .
"Keep your pics flipped the wrong direction!"

HOPE Y'ALL ENJOYED THESE!!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, BTW, extended coverage is available on that basketball game against the guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This club is so totally in:):):) We're getting quite popular:):):) Eventually I'd like to see our reformed blog ideas sweep across the nation in a wave of pics that are slightly in a differant direction then certain people (WHO WILL GO NAMELESS:) would prefer. Sad isn't it? I'm so confused! You are? Well I'm glad, cause I am too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a constant state of mind for us, isn't it??? haha, jk. hey, does anybody else visit my blog? just curious . . .ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! MARG!!! what you said at the beginning of your post sounded soooo familiar:) sounds just about what goes one upstairs in your brain. flip Switch, nothing... flip, flip... still nothing. Not even a little POP. HEHEHE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marj, so glad you were finally able to muster up the intellect to be able to change the light bulb! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you, Josh. I was very proud of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long does it take for someone for Georgia to post again? Answer: five years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seriously need to post girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete