Feb 27, 2009

Swish, swish, clunk-swish!

Are you familiar with the sound of a dishwasher?
The splashing rhythm, the occasional clink of a dish?
You might not be hearing the same thing someone else is!

The Sanguine
You may find her humming and dozing to the sound, sweetly oblivious to anything--
even the tune lulling her...
OR you may find her reeling about the kitchen with her partner, the broom. She bellows out anything with any rhythm that might (or
should) keep tempo with our friend, the dishwasher.
She is oblivious to anything except the feelings produced by the appliance.

The Phlegmatic
He sits...

(but that's not unusual)
He may consider the dishwasher...then again, he might not.
Let us imagine that he hears it and does consider it:
He may regard it with a distance--after all, if there were not any dishwashers,
what should become of the dirty dishes?
To some, this may have produced some discomfort. But not to our Phleg!
No!
What would become of them? Why, nothing at all!
If they got washed, someone else would do it!
NO BIG DEAL!


The Choleric

Clink! Clink!
She sits up.
What in heaven's name is that noise?
Someone really ought to fix it.
OH! It's the dishwasher...I see.
I Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Hmmm...Let me think. Now that the washing is being taken care of, that means someone is going to have to take care of those dishes...

Well, it must be
done!
WHO could I get to take care of those dishes?

And who am I?
Why, the
Melancholy, of course!

Who else would take the sound of a dishwasher and mull over it forever, wasting her time?
Then deciding that instead of letting it waste her time, use it to make a post!
Who else would finish her post by asking others to comment and let me know which personality they are!

If you are interested in personalities and understanding why those weird people do what they do, you might check out
"Personality Plus"
by Florence Littauer!
Smart Sanguine that she is...

5 comments:

  1. um...what is a Sanguine? I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.k, I get it now. LOL
    "Sanguine"...what a word. Sorry for showing my touch of foolishness.
    I'll make sure to read over your stuff twice before I ask the "Queen of Vocabulary" any more questions. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Ah, General Psychology with Mr. Miles explained all this to me, but your illustration puts the facts into everday perspective. I am a happy sanguine! Singing and dancing around the dishwasher is how I make the task more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's good we don't do dishes together...we might collide with all our dancing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. cough..."dum, da dum da...Just a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go doooooown, the medicine go doooown, the medicine go down..."

    ReplyDelete